Thursday 16 December 2010

the home run!!

that's it! day 16! beyond the halfway mark now! monday to wednesday was the same uneventful routine of picking my way between ice packed pavements and slippy slushy roads for the bare minimum 3miles.  i don't even time it anymore as i would be really disheartened by my slow speed.

today there was a thorough thaw then a big freeze then a smattering of snow so running wasn't too bad as the icy snow layer over the solid ice gave some grip. most places i ran on the crunchy grassy part of the pavement that luckily covers most the local mile loops. though in the dark this is risky as you have no idea what you are standing on!!

so nothing eventful to report.  did consider posting in my xmas cards while doing it but was afraid it would slow me down even further stopping and starting to post through doors. it is enough stopping for the occasional pee and poo [the dog - not me!!] without dragging it out longer!!  plus never run with a filled poo bag!!! the one i had in my hand had a tiny wee hole and leaked shit all over my gloves!! since my gloves are really socks [6 pairs for £2.50 in asda] i chucked it along with the bag and cleaned my hands in the slush puddles till i got home to sanitize them properly!  the dog is certainly enjoying her evening 3 milers!! think she'll miss the marcothon when it is over!!  might have to continue with a kirathon after that!!  NOT!

No comments: