Wednesday 9 December 2009

spoke too soon...






Well I woke on Tuesday am at 5!! Had had cramps in stomach Monday eve which didn't abate during the run and got worse as the night went on. Felt a wee bitty nauseous too but a wee half glass of rose and one quality street helped me forget that! After tossing and turning for a couple of hours I fell back asleep and woke at 8.30 looking like a Beetlejuice in negative! My hair [suffering 'cause I keep going to bed before it dries properly] was more fitting for the 80s and I had eye bags like Eastender's Dot! Exhausted I dragged my sorry ass out of bed and worked from home [didn't want to stray too far from the porcelain just in case!] not looking forward to running but dammit I was going to get out there!!

Anyway I did! I belted round the minimal 3 miles, actually doing 1 mile loops round my bit just in case I needed to go! I left Andrew behind as he said he was now feeling like a car crash victim and was running like a granny on valium! I was happy I did it and wished I'd taken the Garmin!

I did go to bed early tho trying to catch up on sleep!

Wednesday - yay feel fine! And lovely lovely jackets came today!

Can't wait to try tonight and now I can have a few to change with! And great for night running! What a magic idea - magnetic sleeves! And a bargain too!! Well recommended! Thanks for the chin up on that Donna - I'll try not wear the blue one on our days out together!! We did enough of that in the 70s!! lol!

was too warm to wear it!!

Thursday - sitting here shattered with sore legs dreading run tonight!! oh oh here comes andrew - better get running gear on before we talk each other out of it!!!

And oh yes those legs were sore!! tonight I felt my calves and ankles screaming out wat are you doing missus??? The rest of me was fine but that's no consolation every pounding step of the way! Will it get any easier???

Friday - well the answer to that is absolutely not!! In fact I felt like the pain was creeping up my legs as my thighs were sore tonight! Andrew and I just pounded the pavements in silence both trying to lose our consciousness in the music but every time we looked at each other we'd grimace in pain!! I suppose the premise now is that eventually I will get used to it?? The lactic acid will clear and allow me to perform daily?? When? How do the Consani's do it?? I bet they are doing megamiles too! Me and Andrew, we are just doing the compulsory 3 a day during the week!!

Just found out Donna has called off her 6 miles with me tomorrow and Maureen has postponed the Whangie! So sat will just be the minimum with Andrew and sun ten or eleven with Dr Mo! I must remember I have run 26.2 miles in 23 degrees and this will be a scoosh!!



No comments: