Wednesday 2 December 2009

on the first day of xmas....

the consani challenge! or is it madness?

well despair at my muffin tops led me to join debbie's mad suggestion at running every day in december! marco [see his blog] had achieved this successfully in november and debs decided she would do it in december and called out to volunteers. it must have been my subconscious that responded because before i knew it i had committed on facebook!! and it was up there in full view before i had a chance to change my mind!! how i am going to fit it in i really don't know but i will!! marco said the qualifying distance or time is 3 miles or 25 mins!! so it didn't seem too bad. i could always nip out before dinner for that and it will get me out. i am really fed up only managing to run sat and sun so i had planned to increase by at least another midweek run but this now solves that problem!

advent running..

day 1: 4 miles no idea of time - discovered garmen screwed - database full so will need to clear so i can record this. see if it improves my running!! the rain was pelting down and the wind had picked up. it was only 2 degrees and running was the last thing i felt like doing on tis dark dismal evening. andrew was supposed to be running with me and chickened out!! normally i'd say right what's for dinner and put the running thought at the back of my mind but not today! a challenge is a challenge! layered up and kylie alongside i stepped out to her beat! i decided on an undulating route aiming for 3 miles anyway [did 10 on sunday with khyber pass so wasn't to bothered about distance] and after the first hill i was peeling off the sleeves of my outer layer. much better!! by the third mile i felt fab. lungs and legs great, icy rain needles jagging my face, tunes in my ears, and the wind keeping me cool on the hills as i pelted along in the dark! it was great! i remembered why i love running! and another 30 days didn't seem so bad now! i did another mile for good measure and went home looking forward to tomorrow's run!!

muffin tops might be gone by xmas!!

No comments: