Tuesday 15 December 2009

how do they do it?

the consanis that is! i bet they are running mega miles and on a daily basis!! i am struggling to keep going! sat i did the 3 minimum with andrew [it was longer i think as we did a different route but i had no garmin and didn't bother with time] as donna had a cold. and on sunday i had planned to run with dr mo! last week she had suggested the whangie but on sat she decided 10 or 11 miles was what she preferred. on sat it sounded good to me too but while lying in bed on sun looking for ward to my run, my optimism disintegrated the minute i tried to put weight on my two pins!! i was aching - felt like twice my age and looked like jack nicholson on a bad day! i really will have to rehydrate better. anyway the thought of ten or eleven just seemed unfeasible - in fact just downright stupid so i gave mo the optout option - go slow or go yourself! she opted out. mo doesn't do go slow! half of me was elated as i knew ten was asking for trouble but i was also angry at myself for not just doing it! especially as i felt i could have after i'd walked a mile with the dog! Anyway ended up doing 3 with andrew and 3 with my pal yvonne. yvonne has been running well with clydesdale harriers and was having to hold back for me! but i was happy with 6. better than none!

monday though was a bigger struggle and nearly gave in today. i think i have a shin splint now but i have run through them before. i did some stretching [a rarity] after my run but at least i went - i did 26 mins and don't want to know the distance. in fact i think i might even leave the garmin off till the 1st of january!! then i'll be able to compare performance before and after!!

my cap's off to the consanis though! what inspiration! I'm inspired - i just wish my legs were too!



No comments: